Comic books (Comics)/comic books

QUESTION: How about comic books offer free to download on the internet? Are they safe to download or we should be careful. I really want to read tons of comic books for free.

ANSWER: Well, Henry, I would say that they are usually safe, but there's never a 100% guarantee. Whenever you download something, there's always a risk that a virus might be attached. Your best protection is a good Anti-Virus program.

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: I can 100% real copy at comic book stores, but the online is free.
Is it 100% gurantee as well that the copy is actual comic books, then I do not have buy one for those I can get?

ANSWER: Henry,

An online comic is usually a scan of a real comics, yes. But you may be referring to pirated digital copies of real comics, and these are actually illegal.

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: yes, I am afraid running across that.  So, what do I do with the free online comics.  download them and does not have to buy one at comic book store or buy them at comic books store and don't download them.

Well, you can try finding out if they're legal or not. Usually, complete online comics from Marvel and DC will be pirated versions, but it depends on where you download them from. There may be legitimate digital releases on Marvel and DC's official home pages, but downloading digital comics in bulk from torrent sites will typically be pirated versions.

Whether to download or buy them is a decision you have to make for yourself.

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.