Comic books (Comics)/Superman

Which superman comic is better for a new reader?

I want to start reading superman after the events of crisis on infinite earths. There are two series that started after this in 1987 which are superman vol 2 and "the adventures of superman" what is the difference between the two, which has better stories and which one is better at painting superman as a character. See these links for more info on them

Those two series both started immidiatly after crisis on infinite earths and ended at the same this confuses me on whats a better read, what tells more important and relevant information someone should know about superman

You might be surprised to learn that there isn't a whole lot of difference between them.

Following Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC produced four separate Superman titles: Action Comics, Superman, Adventures of Superman, and Superman: Man of Steel. Each of these was, true to the post-Crisis editorial direction, intended to mesh with the others as far as continuity - if a character was fired from their job in one, they might be seen looking for work in one of the others.

What's more, all four titles would often share a single story arc - part one in Superman, part two in Man of Steel, part three in Action, etc. This was so DC could make sure that Superman fans were aware of all four titles and, ideally, would start buying all four on a regular basis.

What might be helpful for you to start is the Man of Steel miniseries done by artist/writer John Byrne immediately following Crisis. It was a new retelling of the origin story and set the stage for the post-Crisis Superman stories.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post a follow-up.

-- Spyder

Comic books (Comics)

J. Spyder Isaacson

I'm mostly a DC/Marvel fan, but can answer a wide variety of questions on pretty much anything but romance and sword-and-sorcery comics. Ask away and find out if I have the answer. (Even if I don't, I can probably guide you to where you CAN find it!) ***PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME*** to give you a value on comics - that is only possible by direct physical evaluation of the individual issues.

I've been a collector for almost 35 years of mostly (but not entirely) super-hero titles, with occasional forays into other types of comics. I also personally know a few comics artists/writers, and am VERY experienced with Web Comics as well.

Theatre Puget Sound, Magical Mystery Troupe, Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theatre, former board member of Centerstage Theatre Conservatory.

Miscellaneous national defense trade journals and science fiction/fantasy fanzines.

B.A. in Theatre Arts, Gonzaga University. Currently pursuing M.Ed. from Western Governors University.