Comic books (Comics)/Superman

Question
Which superman comic is better for a new reader?

I want to start reading superman after the events of crisis on infinite earths. There are two series that started after this in 1987 which are superman vol 2 and "the adventures of superman" what is the difference between the two, which has better stories and which one is better at painting superman as a character. See these links for more info on them

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adventures_of_Superman_Vol_1
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2

Those two series both started immidiatly after crisis on infinite earths and ended at the same this confuses me on whats a better read, what tells more important and relevant information someone should know about superman

Answer
You might be surprised to learn that there isn't a whole lot of difference between them.

Following Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC produced four separate Superman titles: Action Comics, Superman, Adventures of Superman, and Superman: Man of Steel. Each of these was, true to the post-Crisis editorial direction, intended to mesh with the others as far as continuity - if a character was fired from their job in one, they might be seen looking for work in one of the others.

What's more, all four titles would often share a single story arc - part one in Superman, part two in Man of Steel, part three in Action, etc. This was so DC could make sure that Superman fans were aware of all four titles and, ideally, would start buying all four on a regular basis.

What might be helpful for you to start is the Man of Steel miniseries done by artist/writer John Byrne immediately following Crisis. It was a new retelling of the origin story and set the stage for the post-Crisis Superman stories.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post a follow-up.

-- Spyder

Comic books (Comics)

J. Spyder Isaacson