Comic books (Comics)/comic book powergrid

QUESTION: I kind of want it this way for the ohotmu master edition:

1. Gladiator II
2. Air-walker
3. Morg
4. Silver Surfer
5. Apocalypse

with or/and without fight skill included

Can be like that? I rather have an answer because that master edition and powergrid from vol. 4 and the marvel encyclopedia. There is none.

ANSWER: Henry,

No one is stopping you from ranking the characters in whichever way you prefer. If this is how you want to rank them, that's fine.

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: Yes, but that is not absolute.  That is not how it is in the marvel universe.  I mean they have marvel power rankings and powergrids that says otherwise.  So, if you make them up that is no good. What good is that if you cannot take for credit what is actual. That is kind of what I need to answer.

They have power rankings and powergrids for just a couple of reasons:

1. So the characters can fit into an RPG system.

2. Because people such as yourself find it cool.

3. As *general guides* for story writers.

There are no definitive, absolute and canonical power ratings. It all depends on what the next writer thinks of doing with the various characters. These are fictional characters; nothing about them is "actual". Ultimately, you are supposed to read a lot of stories and thus gain an impression of what power levels the various characters are at. The is no set-in-stone scale for exactly how powerful the characters are compared to each other. You have the Marvel Universe Handbook, and that's as close as you get. The most powerful characters are too powerful and too different to be easily compared and ranked.

Maybe you should just read some more comics. Have you read the Thor issue where he tries to fight a Celestial? Thor expends all his power, and all he achieves is to make the Celestial raise its arm as if to wave away a gnat! Now THAT is power! :-)

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.