Comic books (Comics)/Fantastic Four

I have the first 240 issues of FF hardbound in 16 volumes. (Binding, you may know, includes gluing and stitching the spines in groups, and trimming with a guillotine: un-ch-ching!) The work was done by a professional Scottish trained bookbinder. All issues were FINE or better, when bound.
Now Expert, after decompressing, stay objective: what would this set be worth? I suggest the market is reduced to those with an interest in adding an authentic item to the American Culture section of their own library.

Hi George,

Although a bound set would not have the same value as the comics would have if they were in there original condition, bound volumes typically do quite well when they come up for sale.  I can't give you an estimate because there is no guide value for bound volumes, but I would suggest you check out a web site like Heritage Auctions.  I frequently see bound collections for sale there, and there was a bound set of Fantastic Four issues 1-20 that sold for over $8K.  

You'll have to sign up to use the site, but it's free.  And then you can do a search on closed auctions that will hopefully give you some rough idea on the value.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon

Collector since I was 10 and a seller for the past fifteen years. Expertise in Marvel and DC superhero comics but am knowledgeable about a variety of independents as well. If I don`t know the answer, I can usually direct you to someone who can.

Marvel and DC superhero titles.

NoVa ComiX website won a "Cool Site" award from