Comic books (Comics)/Comic Book Collecting

What do most collectors look for in a comic book?  Is the issue number important?  Is an issue number 5 better than an issue number 25?

I thank you for your reply.

Hi Kenneth,

For older comics, an earlier issue number is typically more valuable than a later issue number.  For more recent comics, not so much.  The most sought after issues by collectors are usually first editions and key issues (first appearance of a hero, villain, or supporting character, death issue, etc.).  Also important is the grade of the comic.  If a collector decides to sell their collection later on, it's much easier to sell (and get a good price for) a high grade collection than a low grade one.

Hope this helped.

- Mark

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon

Collector since I was 10 and a seller for the past fifteen years. Expertise in Marvel and DC superhero comics but am knowledgeable about a variety of independents as well. If I don`t know the answer, I can usually direct you to someone who can.

Marvel and DC superhero titles.

NoVa ComiX website won a "Cool Site" award from