Comic books (Comics)/Godzilla Comic Books

Question
Hello:

Is the "Godzilla" comic book still published and sold?  I have seen these on-line but not in any bookstores or comic book stores.

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Hi, Kenneth - thanks for your question!

At present, there are no ongoing series of Godzilla comic books in the US.  The rights for Godzilla have recently been with IDW publishing, who have - since 2011 - published several series of books.

Marvel published an ongoing series back in the late 1970s and recently collected all 29 issues in a black & white edition within their "Essential" line (Essential Godzilla).

The trouble with hoping to find these books at a comic shop is that all proprietors have limited resources and have to choose their purchases carefully and for their existing clientele. However, if you're truly interested, you can always ask them to order the books for you. You might even ask if they know of another store that might have them in backstock - can't hurt, anyway.

That said, the most recent works from the last few years are available directly from the publisher, if you choose to go the online route:

http://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/godzilla.html?limit=15

Further, if you would like to buy them in collected form (trade paperback), I posit that it would be wiser to go through In Stock Trades - they're a great company and they discount almost everything:

http://www.instocktrades.com/default.aspx

Lastly, if you'd like a list of all Godzilla comics published, I recommend this site:

http://www.comics.org/series/name/godzilla/sort/alpha/

I hope this information will be helpful to you - best of luck in obtaining these beauties!

Pax, harmonia,

Brian G. Philbin
www.metropolisplus.com

Comic books (Comics)

Brian G. Philbin