Comic books (Comics)/x-men and captain universe numbering

Question
xmen captain universe
xmen captain universe  

xmen captain universe2
xmen captain universe2  
Mark, I have three copies of x-men and captain universe sleeping giants #1. These were special send away books that were printed with you as one of the characters using your name in the story. Also included a trading card with your name. I know they are pretty rare books. Each book was individually numbered with matching numbered trading card.

Wondered if you have any info on how they were numbered. The ones I have are numbered 0000>1>>, 0000>1>7, and 0000>1>+. Of course the trading cards have matching numbers. Don't understand what the "> and >> and >+" mean. Hoping the low numbers may mean an early printing and maybe increase value. Thanks for any insight you can give. Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

Well you stumped me with this one.  I thought the numbering sequence might have had something to do with the fact that there are 2 versions, one with the male Captain Universe and the other with the female version.  However, after looking over at least a dozen different covers, I can't find any consistency in the numbering.

I do see that high grade copies of these sell for pretty decent money (usually over $100), while lower grade (VG to Fine) seem to sell for at least a little over double the original price (which if the info I looked at was correct, was $14.95).

I will keep your question on file.  If I can find any additional info on this series, I will let you know.

- Mark

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon