Comic books (Comics)/Comic book value

I have a Stan Lee and rock steady productions Kiss comic Vol. 1 No. 1 and it does not have a cover sadly.. What do you think the value of it is as is?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but if it doesn't have a cover it is worthless to most collectors.

One of the criteria for establishing the value of a comic is what condition the issue is in. The best case is if it looks like it just came off the printing press and hasn't been handled at all (pristine mint), and the lowest category of condition is poor, which usually means some warping, bending, and creases. If the cover has been torn off, even if it's still kept with the issue, that goes beyond poor.

Also, a media tie in like this usually has a very large production run - in other words, there were a LOT of copies printed. That automatically lowers the value - the more rare it is the higher the potential value.

I wish I could give you better news.

-- Spyder

Comic books (Comics)

J. Spyder Isaacson

I'm mostly a DC/Marvel fan, but can answer a wide variety of questions on pretty much anything but romance and sword-and-sorcery comics. Ask away and find out if I have the answer. (Even if I don't, I can probably guide you to where you CAN find it!) ***PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME*** to give you a value on comics - that is only possible by direct physical evaluation of the individual issues.

I've been a collector for almost 35 years of mostly (but not entirely) super-hero titles, with occasional forays into other types of comics. I also personally know a few comics artists/writers, and am VERY experienced with Web Comics as well.

Theatre Puget Sound, Magical Mystery Troupe, Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theatre, former board member of Centerstage Theatre Conservatory.

Miscellaneous national defense trade journals and science fiction/fantasy fanzines.

B.A. in Theatre Arts, Gonzaga University. Currently pursuing M.Ed. from Western Governors University.