Comic books (Comics)/files transfer

I need you to help me with this.  I bought a hard drive from Fry for $200.  I transfer the files from that hard drive into my desktop laptop.  What I did was that I highlighted the whole folders from the Hard drive and drag it to my desktop laptop.  The folders and files are being copy.  My question is.  Does I loose the folders and files from the hard drive or did I was able to make two copies now.  One is still the original files and folders in the hard drive that I bought for $200 and another one is the copy on my desktop.  My question is.

Do I have two files now, one is on my desktop laptop and another on my hard drive? Therefore, I have tow copies.  If one fail I can depend on another?  Please help me with that.  I am afraid that I might loose the files and folders in my hard drive that I bought for $200 at Fry.

This is not really a comics question, but a computer question. It seems very basic, though.

Usually, when you drag-and-drop files from one drive to another, you are copying them, and they will also remain on the original drive, yes.

There is an option (if you right-click with your mouse) to "copy" or to "move" the files. If you move them, they will only be on the drive you move them to. But when you copy them (as is usually the case with drag-and-drop), they will also stay on the original drive. When you look at the contents of the drive, it should be clear to you whether the files are there or not. Click on a file to open it; if it opens, it is obviously still there.

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.