Comic books (Comics)/Out Of Print Comic Books

Are "Magnus Robot Tighter" and "Turok Dinosaur Hunter" still being published?  I have not seen these at my local book store in the comic book section.

I thank you for your reply.

Thanks for one of the more interesting questions I've gotten recently.

Both titles were originally published by some of the legendary comic companies of old, Magnus by Gold Key Comics and Turok by Dell Comics. They've both been resurrected by several publishers over the years, and Turok had a few name changes including the original title Turok Son of Stone, Original Turok, and eventually - with a reworked concept to tie in with the famous video game - Turok Dinosaur Hunter.

Current versions of these titles are still being published. Magnus Robot Hunter is being produced by Dark Horse Comics and Turok Son of Stone is put out by Dynamite Comics. Unfortunately, it's simply not economically possible for comic book shops to carry every single title being published. If you wish, you can actually order these directly through the publishers on their web sites or through the larger comic book shops, also through their web sites. You might also check to see if your local comics shop might start ordering them for you.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

-- Spyder

Comic books (Comics)

J. Spyder Isaacson

I'm mostly a DC/Marvel fan, but can answer a wide variety of questions on pretty much anything but romance and sword-and-sorcery comics. Ask away and find out if I have the answer. (Even if I don't, I can probably guide you to where you CAN find it!) ***PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME*** to give you a value on comics - that is only possible by direct physical evaluation of the individual issues.

I've been a collector for almost 35 years of mostly (but not entirely) super-hero titles, with occasional forays into other types of comics. I also personally know a few comics artists/writers, and am VERY experienced with Web Comics as well.

Theatre Puget Sound, Magical Mystery Troupe, Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theatre, former board member of Centerstage Theatre Conservatory.

Miscellaneous national defense trade journals and science fiction/fantasy fanzines.

B.A. in Theatre Arts, Gonzaga University. Currently pursuing M.Ed. from Western Governors University.