Comic books (Comics)/Did I find "The Holy Grail" of Comics?

Question
Autographs & Sketch
Autographs & Sketch  
Hi, I recently found a 1989 hardback "Batman Arkham Asylum" (A serious house on serious Earth) written by: Grant Morrison, illustrated by: Dave McKean. Inside I found 2 autographs; written in Silver ink was Dave McKean, and written in Gold ink was Grant Morrison & sketch of Batman wearing a cape with 3 bats behind him.
A few friends have told me it's a super Rare a super special find. However scanning online post it looks like comic book autographs aren't that big of a deal. So my main question is should I get this thing certified & graded, to put my kids through college, or should I throw it on eBay and try to make a couple of bucks?

Answer
Hi Mark,

Well, you haven't hit on a great gold mine. I don't think it's worth getting it certified, and it's not going to put your kids through college. It's a good book, though, and a lot of fans will consider it cool that it is skecthed and autographed (and among fans coolness can translate into monetary value), but check out various price guides and what a similar book goes for on eBay, and price your book accordingly. My estimate is that it'll be worth in the vicinity of $50. Less if you're unlucky, more if you're lucky.

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen