Comic books (Comics)/Strange wolverine comic

Could you help me identify this surreal Wolverine comic? The issue takes place in a very old house, with some kind of disturbing hive-like thing in the basement, made up of bodies and brown sinewy material. As wolverine occupies this house, a group of townspeople form a mob outside of it, the house then impales them on tendrils/tentacles.
I was really young when I read this comic, it really stuck with me as being very very dark and morbid, tons of blood and gore. The funny thing is, I don't read comics at all, this one has just stuck with me for so long that I have become determined to find out if it is real or just some bizzare False memory (although I'm positive it's real)

Any ideas? This has been bothering me for many years.
If you can tell me, consider referring it to someone else

Thank you so much.

Hello Bambi,

Thanks for the question. I can't off-hand identify the story. Could you please send me a follow-up question with a ballpark figure of around WHEN you read it? That will help me narrow it down. Was it in the 80s, the 90s, the 00s, or what?

If it's from after 2000, I might not have read it, but I'll put your question to one or two Facebook groups I'm a member of, and maybe they can come up with the answer.

EDIT: I received a suggestion from a Wolverine fan - he says it could be this one:

Check it out! :-)

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.