Comic books (Comics)/Walking Dead #1

I currently have a graded Walking Dead number one of about 9.8. With the Walking dead television show in its last years as well as the comic book thriving, I'm not sure if the value of this comic is at its peak now, or if it will increase once the show ends or something happens with the comic.

Well, my advice is for you to monitor the price range (like, on eBay) and try to see if it has been rising or falling recently. If it's been falling, now is probably a good time to sell it. On the other hand, The Walking Dead is immensely popular and an old popular comic usually increases in value over time. It's always something of a gamble.

- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.