Communication Skills/Godfather meaning.

Dear Peter

What is the Dictionary meaning of "Godfather" ?.
Is it related to philosophy, spirituality ?.

Can we termed our Teacher, Coach, Spiritual Guru, Blood relations,
Close relatives etc as Godfather ?.

How we can use this word in English sentences ?. Can you illustrate this with examples ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant - the dictionary meaning is: "A godfather is a person that is a sponsor for a child at their baptism. The godfather is the man that would take the father role in a child's life if their father passes away."
You can look up the meaning of any English word at
- Pete

Communication Skills

Peter Gerlach, MSW

I can answer questions about how to significantly improve your thinking and communication effectiveness, and your relations with adults and kids. I cannot answer legal, medical, grammar, punctuation, spelling, or spiritual questions.

I have studied and taught communication and relationship skills for 40 years, and have been a professional family-systems therapist (MSW) since 1981.

I am a past Board member of (a) a large suburban community mental-health center and (b) the Stepfamily Association of America, and I am a current member of the National Stepfamily Resource Center (NSRC) Experts Council

I have published 6 books, including one on communication skills: Satisfactions ( 2nd ed., 2010); and over 150 articles in the nonprofit educational Website Break the Cycle! -

I have also published articles for and over 150 educational YouTube videos.

BSME, Stanford University, 1959 MSW, George Williams College 1981 Clinical internship U. of Illinois Institute for Juvenile Reasearch (IJR) 1981 Over 100 post-grad courses on a wide range of human-relationship topics

over 1,000 self-referred Midwestern-U.S. adults, kids, couples, and families