Communication Skills/TALK TO ME

Question
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that people will talk to some one else rather then talking to their parents about stuff like sex or any thing else?

If the answer in "yes it is a fact" would you please tell me why that is?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
Hi Cameron,

The answer is yes 'sometimes' it is a fact.

Depending on the relationship on has with their parents, subjects such as sex can be difficult.  A child's relationship with their parents starts out as an innocent relationship.  The parents sees their child grow up from a baby.  In their eyes they keep the child innocent for as long as they can.  

Showing interest in sex, by asking questions is the spell that breaks the magic  of innocence.  It is a big change and many children are embarrassed to reveal to their parents that in that respect, they are getting older. Everything changes after that.  

So, yes, usually children will speak to someone else, usually their own age.  Unfortunately, they often get the wrong information, as the answers about sex from another young person's view will usually be less than accurate.

If a child has always been able to talk to their parents before, then usually they are the best people to talk about sex with first.

I hope this answers your question, Cameron.

Phil  

Communication Skills

Phil L. Méthot