Communication Skills/Clarity

I am currently in a difficult predicament. I know that this young man has feelings for me, but all he does is stare at me. There are times in which we could have class together, and he stays behind to gather his things instead of jetting off with his friends, and looks at me the whole time. (according to my friend). What should I do about the staring?

Hi Jordan,

I'm not sure your predicament is difficult, I think that maybe the solution is quite simple. If you like this guy, or think that you might want to get to know him; why not simply initiate the conversation by saying, "Hi".

"First contact" is usually made with a look or even a stare, that's the way we've been doing it for a few million years. If your friends are correct, he's done it. The next step is yours.

Hi, is a pretty safe comeback. You can even be bolder if you want by adding a few more words in the mix.

"Hi, my name is Jordan, what's yours?"

I think that the only reason why you think of this as a 'difficult predicament' is because the next thing you do will reveal your intention. You only have two! You want to know him, or you don't.

I'm not sure that you would be writing me if you didn't want his attention, but if that's the case, ignoring him would give him the message, eventually. But having said that, I suggest that if you want to know him, take a chance.

Lots of luck, (let me know what happens)
Please rate this response honestly.

Phil L. Méthot  

Communication Skills

Phil L. Méthot

For individuals wanting help with public speaking, I can answer most questions dealing with skills, memory,and body language. Essentially the tools required to become a great speaker. For individuals having trouble communicating one on one, or getting their voice heard, or their message across, I can help you with that too. Listening is an important part of communication, so we can work on improving your listening skills as well. If you feel you are not being understood, that is a deeper issue, but we can start here to steer you in the right direction

I have successfully worked with corporations as a motivational management consultant across Canada. I have twice been President of a Toastmasters group, as an Advanced Toastmaster Gold. I wrote the multimedia ebook: "10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public Speaker." My book "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self, dealt with self-image and Will Power. Self Image plays a key role in our ability to communicate and listen effectively.

Toastmasters - Currently President of Pointe-Claire Toastmasters (club 9750)

Book: "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self by Phil L. Méthot Book: The Weight is Over - A revolution in Thin Thinking by Phil L. Méthot Multimedia Book: 10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public speaker by Phil L. Méthot Articles in,

Canadian Training and Development Group, success Motivation International

Three times recipient of the Presidents club award through the Canadian Training and Development Group and Success Motivation International.