Communication Skills/What to do

I am healing form a setback that involved an ex-acquaintance of mine. He accused me of things that I had not done, and reported me to the Dean about what he thought I did. I did not do any of the things that he accused me of. The problem was that he never communicated with me(he stopped randomly) about anything. Once upon a time, I did really like him. I feel bad because I still have a lot o that attraction towards him.  He stated acting weird(staring a lot, acting nervous around me, always faced in awkward body positions that made it look like he was trying to stare at me). We have another two classes together this semester and he acts the same way despite everything that went on between us. I would like to know what you may think is going on with his staring? How can I also further heal/move on from him as well?

Hello Jordan - the erratic behavior you describe suggests he is a "Grown Wounded Child."

If this is true, then I encourage you to assess yourself for psychological wounds, for GWC's are often attracted to each other. If you have wounds, study online "lesson 1" for ways to reduce your wounds.

Wounded or not, see this for options on relating to him (or any GWC):

And see if any of these communication options fit:

- Pete

Communication Skills

Peter Gerlach, MSW

I can answer questions about how to significantly improve your thinking and communication effectiveness, and your relations with adults and kids. I cannot answer legal, medical, grammar, punctuation, spelling, or spiritual questions.

I have studied and taught communication and relationship skills for 40 years, and have been a professional family-systems therapist (MSW) since 1981.

I am a past Board member of (a) a large suburban community mental-health center and (b) the Stepfamily Association of America, and I am a current member of the National Stepfamily Resource Center (NSRC) Experts Council

I have published 6 books, including one on communication skills: Satisfactions ( 2nd ed., 2010); and over 150 articles in the nonprofit educational Website Break the Cycle! -

I have also published articles for and over 150 educational YouTube videos.

BSME, Stanford University, 1959 MSW, George Williams College 1981 Clinical internship U. of Illinois Institute for Juvenile Reasearch (IJR) 1981 Over 100 post-grad courses on a wide range of human-relationship topics

over 1,000 self-referred Midwestern-U.S. adults, kids, couples, and families