Communication Skills/Curious

Why does it take guys longer to adnit their feelings?

Hi Jordan,

Why does it take guys longer to admit their feelings?  

First of all that is an assumption that may or may not be true. But lets go with it and answer the question, shall we?

It takes guys longer to admit their feelings because it takes them longer to formulate the question.

Let's look at YOUR question first of all. Here is what the question DOESN'T say. Feelings about what? Whose feelings are you talking about, yours or someone else's?  Are you talking about feelings about other people, stamp collecting, politics...? Are you really asking me why someone won't admit their feelings to you, or you to them?

You see, Jordan, you took the time to get on the internet come to AllExperts, find the right category, find the person who answers those questions, and what do you do? You ask a question that is missing all the real information that allows me to answer you!

Guys or Gals, who want to get in touch with feelings have to be able to ask exactly what it is they want. To do this they need to pay attention to what exactly they are feeling.  Only when you can then put it into words so that you or anyone else can understand what you want can an answer be forthcoming.

So how about taking some time to think about what you REALLY want to ask me, and then send me a follow-up question that is clear and contains all the details that will make yours and my time worthwhile.  You never know, Jordan, it might be fun and insightful.

Phil L. Méthot

Communication Skills

Phil L. Méthot

For individuals wanting help with public speaking, I can answer most questions dealing with skills, memory,and body language. Essentially the tools required to become a great speaker. For individuals having trouble communicating one on one, or getting their voice heard, or their message across, I can help you with that too. Listening is an important part of communication, so we can work on improving your listening skills as well. If you feel you are not being understood, that is a deeper issue, but we can start here to steer you in the right direction

I have successfully worked with corporations as a motivational management consultant across Canada. I have twice been President of a Toastmasters group, as an Advanced Toastmaster Gold. I wrote the multimedia ebook: "10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public Speaker." My book "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self, dealt with self-image and Will Power. Self Image plays a key role in our ability to communicate and listen effectively.

Toastmasters - Currently President of Pointe-Claire Toastmasters (club 9750)

Book: "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self by Phil L. Méthot Book: The Weight is Over - A revolution in Thin Thinking by Phil L. Méthot Multimedia Book: 10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public speaker by Phil L. Méthot Articles in,

Canadian Training and Development Group, success Motivation International

Three times recipient of the Presidents club award through the Canadian Training and Development Group and Success Motivation International.