Communication Skills/NICE BOY

I was wondering would you please tell me: is it impolite for some one to arrange a date to catch up, after that friend asked you if you want to catch up with them but they don’t say a date?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

hi Cameron,

It may not be due to impoliteness, and I can think of a few reasons for people doing this.  Maybe your friend simply forgotten needs a reminder, maybe they are disorganized and just haven't gotten around to it, and maybe in the end they just said that in order to get away as quickly and politely as possible.

Cameron, the easiest way to find out is for you to call them and say, "Hey, when are you free to get together to catch up, Friday night or Saturday afternoon?"

That way you are nudging them to be definite about a date, at the same time letting your friend know that you are fully expecting them to meet with you.  If your friend reschedules at another specific time, then you will have you get together; if your friend blows it off without giving you a time then you have your real answer, and I guess they were not a real friend in the first place.

it is always better to act then to sit and question what is really going on.

I hope this is helpful please rate this answer honestly.

Phil L. Methot

Communication Skills

Phil L. Méthot

For individuals wanting help with public speaking, I can answer most questions dealing with skills, memory,and body language. Essentially the tools required to become a great speaker. For individuals having trouble communicating one on one, or getting their voice heard, or their message across, I can help you with that too. Listening is an important part of communication, so we can work on improving your listening skills as well. If you feel you are not being understood, that is a deeper issue, but we can start here to steer you in the right direction

I have successfully worked with corporations as a motivational management consultant across Canada. I have twice been President of a Toastmasters group, as an Advanced Toastmaster Gold. I wrote the multimedia ebook: "10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public Speaker." My book "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self, dealt with self-image and Will Power. Self Image plays a key role in our ability to communicate and listen effectively.

Toastmasters - Currently President of Pointe-Claire Toastmasters (club 9750)

Book: "Through the Door!" :A Journey to the Self by Phil L. Méthot Book: The Weight is Over - A revolution in Thin Thinking by Phil L. Méthot Multimedia Book: 10 Steps to Becoming A Great Public speaker by Phil L. Méthot Articles in,

Canadian Training and Development Group, success Motivation International

Three times recipient of the Presidents club award through the Canadian Training and Development Group and Success Motivation International.