Communication Skills/UNTITLED

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: how do I get a impossible friend to:

Give a straight answer instead of asking him a question a million times?
Asking him a question but getting no reply, instead getting asked a question by him?
Getting him to listen to me when I”m telling him something?
Getting him to believe wot I tell him about somethings? e.g. like Facebook needs a internet connection

Thanks

Answer
Hi Cameron,

All your questions are based on one simplified version of them all;  "How can I get respect from my friend?"

If you have to ask me all these questions then I can assume that your 'freind' is showing a lack of respect for you, and maybe he is that way to others too.  If it is to everyone that he acts this way, then he is a rude fellow with no respect for anyone, and you won't be able to change that in him until it now longer serves his purpose.

If, on the other hand, he is like that to you specifically, than he is not being a friend at all, and you are being taken for granted.

The solution, Cameron to both situations is the same; freindship is a two-way street, and if he won't act as a freind to you, then you should withdraw your friendship.  Tell him that you are tired of being treated in this way, and that you do not want to be in a pretend friendship. Tell him that if he ever wants to be a freind for real, then he will have to prove himself to you.

It is sometimes hard to do the right thing, Cameron, because it means losing a friend, but if he is like this, than he isn't a real friend anyway.  You deserve to be treated with respect, and standing up for yourself is the first step in getting it.

I hope this helps you.  Please rate the response honestly.

Phil L. Méthot

Communication Skills

Phil L. Méthot