Communication Skills/I see my younger brothers friend and my brother as well?

Hmmm i just want to know other people's thoughts on this. So my brother Eric, 14 has a friend named Luis, 14, and well I've been knowing Luis for a long time , since he was 10 but earlier last year around August is when we started getting closer. The reason i sort of started getting close was because i guess i sort of projected myself into him. Also he has no older brother and his parents don't really pay much attention to him. I sort of felt like i could guide him, i really do see him as my younger brother. I want to keep him in the right track, i want him to avoid drugs and weed and all that bad stuff. I want him to grow up and go to college and be happy i guess. We're to the point where were always together. I pick him up from school almost every day. We go out to eat, whenever we're not physically together we're online in our gaming systems. I don't know if I'm wrong for doing this or what sort of effect im going to have in his life, I just hope he doesn't end up forgetting me as he gets older :/ that's probably my biggest fear i guess, losing him

Hi there,

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking Luis under your wing and treating him like a brother at all. You never know how much of a positive impact you're having on him. You could be his lifeline and I'm sure it's greatly appreciated.

There's not much you can do about your fear. That's a fear we all have when we care about and for someone. We all fear losing someone, being forgotten by them, or that we don't matter as much to them as we hope we do.  Don't let your worry and your fear about your future deter you from being a good friend, role-model, and brother to him.

But let me assure you, you're not wrong in doing what you're doing. As long as both of you are comfortable with your relationship, then that's all that matters.

Communication Skills

Can answer any questions about communicating with friends, family, children, spouses. How to set proper boundaries, how to recognize when your boundaries are being crossed. How to communicate effectively, respectfully, and honestly. I can help you communicate in a healthy manner and give guidance on how to talk to your children (from birth and up). Good communication with your children also helps with disciplinary problems as well, so I can also help with child discipline. I can try to answer questions about work place communication, but it's not my specialty. I have a deep understanding of trying to have a relationship with people who suffer from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), people who suffer from fear-based decision making and families with a history of mental/psychological, physical, emotional and sexual abuse.

Worked as a Kindergarten teacher for 3 years. I have over 10 years of experience in how to effectively communicate with friends, family, spouses, children. I've worked with a wide range of people (from children, to adolescents, to adults) on creating healthy boundaries and relationships with loved ones.

National Wildlife Federation Audubon Society CHE (Creative Home Educators)

BA in Literature with Concentration in Creative Writing and a Minor in Education. Certified Reiki Master

Most Compassionate Award Olympiad of the Arts Award in Poetry