Comparative Islam/Why ?

Question
QUESTION: Sir,

Wishing you a Good Day. May Jesus Christ bless you and family.

The 21st century gave many great things to this world, but there was a side effect: It enabled technology to increase power of terrorism and hatred. A fundamental Question rushed into my mind and I thought to ask it here since I think that you are right person to answer it.

Here is the Question: Why do Muslims hate Christians ???  

Earlier it was Al Qaeda (Afghanistan/USA) then Boko Haram (Nigeria) and then ISIS (Iraq). I am afraid tomorrow some other terrorist gang shall come into existence and kill innocents. Last Year, a Pakistan's Church was bombed by Taliban. No doubt Christianity will become extinct 5 years down the line if the terrorists are not put to check.

Why? Why? Why do Muslims hate us? Is it because of the Crusades OR because of Quran Chapter 5 Verse 51 OR any other reason ?

Secondly, what is the solution ?? Because Muslims have 10 children per family kind of fertility rate and we Christians don't have even 2 Children to take our lineage ahead. So, what is the solution? How to save Christianity from extinction?

ANSWER: Dear George,

Thank you for your message. There are several reasons why Muslims hate Christians. Many have to do with misunderstandings:

-They think Westerners are 'Christians.' When they see immorality, drunkenness etc. they think that is how Christians live. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. People have to decide to repent and follow Jesus by doing what he says. Only then can someone call themselves Christians.

-Selfish Western foreign policies are also to blame for the hatred. Sadly there are numerous double standards going on among politicians. However, again, many of them are not Christians according to the definition Jesus gave:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22       Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23       Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

(Mt 7:21–23)

-Most Muslims who attend Quran classes from a very young age are reading in their holy
book  that  Christians  allegedly  worship three gods,  that Mary is one  of those gods
(Sura 5:73-75,116), that God  is  Jesus (Surah 5:17), and  that  Jesus  is  the  son  of  God  in  a  physical  sense (Surah 6:100-101, Surah 72:3).

As  a  result Christians are understandably looked at as  polytheists, blasphemers, as people who are cursed  by  God.  No  wonder  Muslims  are  not  interested  in  community  cohesion and are commanded not to enter it in the Surah 5:51 you mentioned. Under these circumstances they cannot be blamed for not being willing to bond and display a feeling of togetherness with those who claim to be Christians.

The  above  mentioned  descriptions  found  in  the  Quran  and  consequently  taught  by
Imams in the mosques, of course, do not accurately reflect the Biblical teaching. It has
been held  by the Christian church throughout the world, well before the beginning of the
Islamic religion in the 6th century. However, the comments in the Quran may well be a
justified reaction to false teaching held by some isolated heretic Christian cults, operating
and  being  known  in  the  Middle  East  at  that  time. (http://www.ccel.org/ccel/wace/biodict.html?term=Collyridian )

It  is  of  crucial  importance  for  the deepening  of  community  cohesion  with  Muslims  to  make  these  facts  known  to  them. The solution is for practicing Christians to reach out to Muslims and to share the love of Christ with them, addressing and correcting the misunderstandings above.

However, be of good cheer. I just read this morning in my quiet time the following words of Jesus:

'...I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it....'

(Mt 16:18)

Although, there is a possibility that the local church will disappear under IS as it did in Saudi Arabia, but the church universal will NEVER disappear according to the promise of Jesus. Islam is the fastest growing religion due to its biological growth. However, when it comes to growth by conversion Christianity outbids them 2 to 1.

Are you involved in a local church? If so I could give you more advice on how to share the love of Christ with Muslims. Do let me know whether I can help you further by answering privately.

Kind regards,

A. Abraham

QUESTION: Thank you for the timely response.

But few points are not clear.

What do you mean by universal church ⛪?

Secondly, you didn't mention a clear solution to Islamic terrorism. Don't you think that conversion to Christianity shall fuel Islamic terrorism? That is the reason why Pope Urban II ordered Crusade. It is true that Crusade ended in a failure but that was due to mistimings & wrong planning.

You are right when you say that Islam grows due to birth rates but that is sufficient to make Muslims outnumber us by population in 5 years. We Christians unfortunately do not have sufficient children .

I had also heard Muslims saying - 60% Christians do not take Bible seriously while 90% Muslims take Quran seriously. How can conversion help in that case? Don't you think that it will create more problems because Islam says - kill the apostates ????

ANSWER: Dear George,

Thanks for your message. Here are the answers to your questions:

What do you mean by universal church ⛪?

The universal church consists of all churches and individuals world wide who have the same basic beliefs expressed by Paul here:

15:1       Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2       By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
  3       For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4       that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5       and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6       After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

(1 Corinthians 15:1–6 These verses have been written only a few years after the death and resurrection of Jesus. They refer to 'what Paul himself had received, meaning it was common knowledge before he joined the church).

The sad chapter of the Crusades in the middle ages can clearly be identified as having nothing to do with true Christian religion and everything with misguided politics of corruption and power. Conversion must never happen by force. Jesus said love your enemies and forgive. Very regrettably, the rapid decline of the practicing Christian faith in the West has led to judgmental and hypocritical Churches, nominal Christians, selfish societies and politics. It is clear that many of the good things  found in the West (e.g. social security education, rights of minorities, etc) were the fruit of a once vibrant faith in Christ.  Unfortunately, the crop is wittering away because it is increasingly cut off from its root. For more details see, http://www.christianityexplained.net/explainedto/atheists/3.html

The solution to Islamic terrorism is living out and sharing the truth of the Gospel in love. This may lead to more tensions in the short run but in a way that is part of what it means to be a follower of Jesus:

12       In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13       while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14       But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,

(2 Ti 3:12–14)

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

(Jn 18:36)          

Please see my answer above. Besides, here is how Jesus views that problem:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29       Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30       And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31       So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
  32       “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33       But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
  34       “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (meaning: difficulties and strive due to those who will reject the message. It still has to be preached, knowing that this world is not everything but just the first step on the way to eternity either in God's presence or outside of it) 35       For I have come to turn
  “ ‘a man against his father,
  a daughter against her mother,
  a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
  36       a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
  37       “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38       Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39       Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

(Mt 10:28–39)

Thankfully the part about the 90% Muslims who take the Quran seriously is not true. They are more cultural Muslims who fast, pray and go to the mosque, the hadjj, etc. However, most of them do not know what else the Quran is saying, such as:

There are numerous  peaceful verses in Surahs given during the early Meccan  period to the people that call for patience when dealing with those who were against Islam. (Surah 73:10,1; 52:45,47,48; 109:1,2,6, etc.)

Nevertheless, several months after the arrival of the Muslims in Medina they started looting Meccan caravans  passing nearby. Consequently, the tribe of the Quraish from Mecca attacked the Muslims several times, beginning with the battle of Badr in 624. Muslims were then first given permission to defend themselves against them by fighting and killing if necessary (Sura 22:39-41).
Later this defensive Jihad was not just permitted but commanded against other Arabs who pretended to be Muslims (Sura  2:216,217, 190-194).

Once the Meccans surrendered in 630 AD, most of the pagans in the city became Muslims.  However, since Jews and Christians generally did not accept the prophet of Islam, they now became enemies to be actively fought against, along with the pagan unbelievers who did not surrender. (Sura 9:1-6,11,12,14-16,19-22,28-31,38,39,41,52,73,81-96,111, 122,123; 5:36-38,54)

In case of differences, the teaching of Surahs given earlier were generally replaced by that found in Surahs given later. This is known as the doctrine of abrogation.  Since Surah 9 was written in Medina, its commands for offensive Jihad replace the tolerant teachings found in earlier Surahs mentioned above.

A summary of what it means to be a Muslim according to the Quran is found in Surah 33:21,33:   
"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow... ...and obey Allah and His Messenger..."

Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah." (Buhkari , Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24: Narrated by Ibn 'Umar)

The most reliable hadith  collection of Bukhari confirms the teaching from the Quran which progressively moved from tolerance, defensive to offensive fighting against unbelievers (Vol. 1:35, Vol. 4:41-42,44-46,49-50,53,65,66, 72,73,80,96,127,131,137,146,147, 162b,175,179,182, 186,192, 193,195,196,198,210,216,220,248,258-261,264,267,269, 270,280b,283,286,288,317. Vol.9:50.57)

During 622 to 632 Muhammad either sent out or went on seventy four expeditions, raids and wars.  These include a few negotiations, violent expeditions, small assassination hit squads, the conquest of Mecca with 10,000 jihadists, and the confrontation of Byzantine Christians that did not take place, with 30,000 holy warriors in Tabuk.
How did Muhammad treat his enemies? The earliest Islamic biography by Ibn Ishaq tells stories of how, once he was in power in Medina, the prophet of Islam arranged for men and women who criticised him to be killed.   On one occasion he asked hundreds of Jewish men who stood up against him to dig their own graves. Afterwards he beheaded them. Their wives and children were sold into slavery.  Some early Muslims who changed their minds about Islam died after Muhammad gave the command to kill those who turn away from Islam.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

QUESTION: Sir,

Again thanks for a valid response.

There are very few like you who actually follow Jesus in the true sense. I asked this to many but Jesus Christ was found in only your view. But still, the problem is different.

You have rightfully identified that Islam in Mecca is peaceful and Islam in Medina is dangerous. But you missed an important point of observation. Mecca = where the prophet was born. Medina = where the prophet died.

In other terms,

MECCA = WHERE ISLAM ORIGINATED.
MEDINA = WHERE ISLAM BECAME FULL FLEDGED MAJORITY  

If you want to establish a team, would you start with saying - My fundamental goal is to kill the non - members? Obviously Not, you won't find any single member that way.

The same is applicable to religions as well. Allah revealed peaceful verses when Muslims were minority. Suddenly the prophet realized that he can't stay in Mecca for long and in order to spread Islam further, he migrated to Medina. Some of his followers refused to do so because they did not want to leave their parents alone. Clever Allah came up with Chapter 9 Verse 23 and 24 immediately. The prophet with his followers successfully migrated to Medina. At Medina happened Battle of Badr and a revenge - Uhud Gazwat. The Battle of Uhud ended in Muslim failure. But, that only happened because the prophet's orders were ignored. Muslims decided to follow the orders of prophet everytime as a winning precautions. Now, came the violent Jihad into practice, killing more than 270 million innocents.

Terrorism is permitted. Quran Chapter 8 Verse 39 confirms it.

Fight until fitna is no more and religion is for Allah survives. Now, what is fitna ??

As per Google translator, fitna is Magic, Glamour, Cuteness, Spell etc. No, none of these is applicable here since Muslims dont fight for that reason.

As per Muslim belief, fitna means corruption. As per CPI (Corruption Perception Index) report published by Transparency International; 7 out of Top 11 Corrupt Nations are Muslims. No, even this definition failed here.

Fitna must mean oppression now. Again, Dictators existed in only Muslim nations. Dictator / oppressors don't exist in Democratic nations and Islam hates democracy.

We are left with only 1 definition now and this is in sync with Quran and other Islamic teachings.

Fitna = non muslim.

Quran Chapter 8 Verse 39 now reads this way:

Fight until non muslims are no more and religion of Allah is everywhere.

This Verse seems the primary root cause of Islamic terrorism.

By the way, why do you think that 90% Muslims following Terrorism is not true????

Answer
Dear George,

Thanks for your message. Thankfully there are many more true Christians than it appears to the world. However, only because of God's unspeakable grace we are what we are. All glory goes to him alone!

I can see you have a good grasp of the situation. The reason why I think that about 90% of all Muslims are against terrorism is found in Islamic history. Soon after Muhammad's death corruption and wordiness crept into the Muslim community. The Karijites, the first Muslim sect tried to go back to the original violent Islam of Muhammad. However, they did not succeed but are now influencing these Jihadi movements again. The big majority of Muslims raise up against them again.

With your knowledge you should be part of a Christian community. Are you an active member of a local church and/or a small group to teach them?

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

Comparative Islam

A. Abraham