Comparative Islam/Ram and Krishna and any Indian prophet in islam and Ahmeddiya

Question
Respected sir,

i would like to know about Ram and Krishna any indian prophet from Quran and Ahmeddiya islam.

what is said about Ram,Krishna and Indian prophets in Quran(and scriptures other than quran in islam like hadeeths)?

is the mahabaharatha war mentioned anywhere in quran,bible(my friends said so) and hadeeths and other related holy scriptures?

Answer
May the peace and blessings of God be on you Shree,

As far as I am aware, there is no mention of any Indian prophet specifically by name in the Quran. However there are various references in the Quran which state that other than the prophets specifically mentioned by name in the Quran, there were others too who are not mentioned by name..

Quran mentions in Surah Yunus Verse number 47:

"And for every nation is a messenger. So when their Messenger comes, it will be judged between them in justice, and they will not be wronged." [Quran 10:47]

Suran An Nahl Verse Number 36
And: "And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying]: 'Worship God and avoid Taaghoot [i.e., false deities]'. And among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed [i.e., travel] through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers." [Quran 16:36]

Surah Ghafir Verse Number 78
"And We have certainly sent messengers before you [O Muhammad  *Peace be upon him)]. Among them are those [whose stories] We have related to you, and among them are those [whose stories] We have not related to you. And it was not for a messenger to bring a sign [or verse] except by permission of God. So when the command of God comes, it will be concluded [i.e., judged] in truth, and the falsifiers will thereupon lose [all]." [Quran 40:78]

So Ram and Krishna are not mentioned in the Quran by name, however they might have been prophets who were sent to this part of the world. Over a period of time because of their exemplary qualities as human beings there were turned into god and worshiped by the people in the place of God Almighty.

The number of Prophets sent by God Almighty is specifically declared to be 124000 all over the world, and it has found mention in the collections of Musnad Ahmad and Tabarani, but the majority of the good scholars in Islam have classified it as a 'weak' or 'daeef' narration.

The mahabharatha war in not mentioned in the Quran or the Bible or the Hadeeth. However I may like to point out that the field of Hadeeth is so vast that it is literally impossible for anyone to know about all of them. Hence it may be due to my ignorance that I am not aware of it. If you have the references to where it is mentioned I would request you to kindly share it, so that I may check it up.

You might check out the following link in the answer to your question. I have read through this web page, however neither do I confirm the contents of this nor can I deny it as I will need to verify the references of various books the author has mentioned there in to comment further. For now this is for your information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-rashid/lord-krishna-prophet-of-allah_b_17590

For more information on the similarities between Islam and Hinduism you can check the following link..
http://www.islamawareness.net/Hinduism/ZakirNaik/part9.html

Hope this answers your question.

May the peace and blessings of Almighty God be on you.

Muzaffar

Comparative Islam

Muzaffar