Comparative Religious Studies/spirituality

How is the teachings of Swami Vivekananda relevent  in today;s world

Hi Abhijit,

Swami Vivekananda stressed the universality of truth. This was one of his greatest contributions in my opinion. In today's ever more connected world learning to respect and work with people of other worldviews is important. This is certainly one great contribution he made to India and the world. He also promoted objective truth and advocated an India that while maintaining its unique traditions and cultures would also be able to hold it place in the family of nations.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Comparative Religious Studies

Shlomo Phillips

Since 1969 I have sought insight into the nature of God and Truth. I am happy to share my insights with you.

To varying degrees I have worked and studied with many different groups including:

Jews (my religion) Noahides, Christians, Gaudiya Vaisnavism, Swami Muktinanda's Sidha Yoga Foundation, the Yoga Society (of Sri Ramamurti Mishra), Sikhism, various Pagan and neo-Pagan groups, Sunni Islam (Wahabi), Sufism, Taoism, various Buddhist sects (including the Dharmad Hatu of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche), diverse Hindu sects, many Christian denominations and movements, and have been involved with numerous other groups and movements too numerous to mention.

In this AllExperts category I can any questions about any religion you are interested in.

Creator and author of and other websites and blogs. I hold an MA in Religious Studies, ordinations and initiations into various religions.

Experience: A lifetime invested in seeking God. I am an ordained Independent Jewish rabbi. I hold an MA in Religious Studies from John F Kennedy University. I hold three Christian ordinations, a counseling ordination from the Interfaith Seminaries of Santa Cruz. I am a twice initiated Vaishnava bramana (Gopinath Gaudiya matha and ISKCON), have practical experience with many other branches Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Paganism (Wodenwic and other sects), Islam (Sunni, Shia and Sufi), Wicca (especially Welsh Traditionalist and Gardnarian) and various other traditions. I own and author, and other sites including my Facebook site.