Competency Mapping and Modeling/plan for talent acquisition

i have recently been given a task of making an effective plan to design a campus hiring my question is.... As a HR how to plan or design an campus hiring?

Though the question is not on Competencies, the following points can be considered before the campus hiring.

Generally, HR plans well in terms of deciding the ranking cut-off based on which they conduct preliminary selection. Certain tests, both behavioural and technical are administered. Based on the scores, the toppers are selected for Group Discussions. HR need to give a deeper thought about these and prepare well. Management also need to decide what salary is offered with ranges if any.

If one wants to follow Competency Based Hiring, here is a brief on planning.

First, there must be a Competency Model for the organisation.
Second, looking at the threshold level of the mapping, one need to study the entry level competencies which are required to be displayed by freshers. Behavioural Interview questions based on the behavioral indicators of each competency must be developed. Tests can be developed based on specific technical/functional competency variable factors. This becomes an additional input to arrive at final assessment of campus hire.  

Competency Mapping and Modeling

Can answer any question in the areas of Competency Architecture which includes, modeling, mapping, assessment, competency based HR practices and its implementation and drafting of dictionaries. May not be able to provide answers to questions that are individual specific or organisational specific which are to be worked out offline.

I am working in HR arena from last 25 years head quartered at Bangalore/India. My past positions include Country HR Head (Praxair India, American MNC), HR Head PSI Bull (Erstwhile Indian IT leader), and Bosch (manufacturing). Had a good exposure working in MNCs and traveled around.

All writings over 100 articles published, are posted on

o M.A (Literature and Anthropology) o B.Sc., (Physics, Chemistry Mathematics) o PG in HR, Competency Modeling USA/Singapore

Competency Modeling, Mapping, Assessment is my core activity from last 10 years. I have been engaged in developing competency models, writing Competency Dictionaries (both leadership and functional). Some of the companies for which I developed competency models and competency based practices include GMR Group (india), Praxair India, Shahi Exports, Quasar Innovations, Astrazeneca, 3 M, Nokia, etc.