Components for Building Computers From Scratch/BIOS Update

Hi I have a desktop computer with a MS-7181 Ver 2.0 K8MM3 H motherboard and I was wondering if there are any BIOS updates available that you know of other than the V1.5 update that it currently has. I tried that stupid Live Update thing but I may as well stick my head in the computer and ask the BIOS to update itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I really don't like the live update stuff. Especially if it don't work. The thing is how do you know the BIOS version if all you do is click on a link?
I would go around it. Find your BIOS version, either by going to the BIOS when your machine starts and see if it tells the version there or trying a program such as HWINFO32. Get it here: . If your machine is 64 bit you will look for HWINFO64. When you find the BIOS version, google it, along with the brand ie Award, Phoenix, etc. You may be able to find a newer version.
I said all this but now to the point. If you don't have a reason to update your BIOS (changing processors, adding RAM, etc.) I would not worry about it.
Let me know how it goes.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis

I can answer most any question in this category for the home desktop builder and for most gaming PC builders. This includes what kind of case, cooling products, overclocking, all hardware, software, and safety issues. I can also advise on where the best sources for purchasing hardware are on the net.

100's of system builds from Win 2k through Win7 for customers as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction. Most experienced with XP and Vista.

4 classes short of my Networking degree.