Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Wireless Hubs and Switches Networking Devices.

Cascading Hubs
Cascading Hubs  

Cascading Switches
Cascading Switches  
Dear Bobbert

1. Similar to Hubs and Switches Networking Devices which are used for connecting computers (Lan Card - Ethernet Port) physically wired to different Ethernet ports of Hubs and Switches with UTP cables, is it also possible to manufacture Wireless Hubs and Switches ?

Example :

i.e. A wireless LAN Ethernet Card connected to a Wireless 24 Port Ethernet Hub or Wireless 24 Port Ethernet Switch ?

2. Can Cascading possible also in Wireless Switches or Wireless Hubs ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

What you're describing is known as WiFi.

See here for more information:

Using a WiFi adapter with a switch would not work as you're intended, however you could attach a WiFi AP and use that to distribute the signal wirelessly, or (if you don't need enterprise grade hardware), simply purchase a wireless router (I'd suggest Linksys/Cisco or D-Link).

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience