Components for Building Computers From Scratch/startup problems

My gaming computer is not starting properly. I press the power button, It powers on, and nothing happens. It just runs there. There is no signal to the monitor and if I press the power button to turn it off, nothing happens. It continues to run. Holding the power button is the only way to shut t off other then pulling the plug. My motherboard is a msi model ms-7599. My processor is a amd phenom ii x2 555.
What do I do?

the same has happened to me way back since my old pc....the machine just wont i figured out that hardware was causing the blackout....i swap every piece of the hardware until i found out the memory has failed.....i bought a new one and the pc went running smooth ...or maybe the mobo of yours is the one causing the startup problem...hope you find my reply useful....

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

tristan braza

most of all questions regarding a personal computer and troubleshooting hardware / software to install a windows operating system and personalize the whole system ....

graduate of a two year computer course...self acquired learning on troubleshooting and repairing the whole computer...

BS in Computer Engineering two years undergrad Graduate of a Computer Desktop Publishing and Media Arts at AMA Computer College two year course