Components for Building Computers From Scratch/transferring windows 7 to another internal hard drive

My Dell inspirion 1525 hard drive is going bad.  I ordered a new one. I was never given windows 7 discs with my purchase.  Can I click and drag the contents of my present hard drive to a an external hard drive then drag it onto the new internal hard drive after I install it. If not, what can I do?

Sad to say that even if you click and drag the contents on your hard drive that would never work...The main reason is that the system files of a windows 7 OS is hidden at the hard drive and you really need to install a new windows 7 can still have a windows 7 OS if there is a program that was installed on your system that can create a backup disc of your whole hard drive ....i myself had create one and whenever my OS had a glitch i just run the DVD i made to install my OS as it was from factory installed....  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

tristan braza

most of all questions regarding a personal computer and troubleshooting hardware / software to install a windows operating system and personalize the whole system ....

graduate of a two year computer course...self acquired learning on troubleshooting and repairing the whole computer...

BS in Computer Engineering two years undergrad Graduate of a Computer Desktop Publishing and Media Arts at AMA Computer College two year course