Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Web Applications for Viewing SMS.

QUESTION: Dear Keith‎

Is it possible to design and develop Web applications where mobile users can view their inbox and outbox SMS Messages  ?.

As a example : A Website where mobile user first register their name, address, mobile number, mobile service provider etc. The Mobile phone user will able to to view his/her SMS - Inbox and Outbox messages on this website after successfully login.

As a example Mobile User forgets his Cellphone at some place and in case he wants to check his SMS Box on other PC, this could have been possible after getting connected to internet and view the SMS Messages.

Technically is it possible to design and develop web applications and also it is possible to integrate the same features in One's Gmail, Hotmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo email server applications ?.

Example : In One's Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc account, one can view SMS - Inbox and Outbox messages. That is the Email server applications provide these facility.

Is this System development feasible to design and develop ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: It has already been designed and developed. The company I work for does it. I get the same email on my phone as I do on my work PC. I can reply, forward, etc. from my phone the same as my PC. Is this what you are talking about?

QUESTION: Dear Keith

Thank you. You have interpreted my requirement very correctly.

My Requirement is I should be able to View/Read SMS Messages which were send by me i.e. Outbox and View/Read SMS Messages which were received by me from other people i.e. Inbox through a Web Application.

As a example :

Prashant Akerkar sends SMS to Keith's Mobile Phone. Keith got the SMS on his Mobile Phone. i.e Keith's Inbox and for Prashant Akerkar's Mobile Phone this will be Outbox. Now Keith sends SMS to Prashant Akerkar's Mobile Phone. Prashant Akerkar recieves SMS which will be in his Inbox and for Keith this SMS will be in his Outbox.

Now Prashant Akerkar and Keith wants to view their Inbox and Outbox
SMS MESSAGES through a Web application where they will login to the Web Site.

Can GMAIL, YAHOO, HOTMAIL Email Server side applications give this facility to view SMS messages along with email messages who have created email accounts with them ?.

Is this possible ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The only one I have tried is yahoo and it works. It has been awhile since I used this feature. Basically you just put the person's cell number in the "To" section of the email. However, I'm not sure if this is as popular now since most people can access their hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. from their smartphone and computer.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis

I can answer most any question in this category for the home desktop builder and for most gaming PC builders. This includes what kind of case, cooling products, overclocking, all hardware, software, and safety issues. I can also advise on where the best sources for purchasing hardware are on the net.

100's of system builds from Win 2k through Win7 for customers as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction. Most experienced with XP and Vista.

4 classes short of my Networking degree.