Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Wireless Flash Drive

Question
USB Flash Drive
USB Flash Drive  
Dear Big Wes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_flash_drive

Similar to USB Flash Drive, Is it possible to manufacture Wireless flash drive ?.

The Operating System (Windows, Mac, Linux etc) and the motherboard hardware should support and detect the Wireless Flash Drive in the machine (Desktop, Server, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet).

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant,

I don't see why not.

The advantage of the USB design is that the software recognizes whether you have plugged in a flash drive, an MP3 player, a camera, a printer, a keyboard, or whatever type of device you have.

You would still need to plug SOMETHING into the computer, like when you use a wireless mouse the mouse still needs something to "talk" to.  At least for now.  Maybe when you invent it, we can sit at any computer with a motherboard installed, and carry our hard drives with us.

Good Luck.  I hope this answers your question.  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Big Wes