Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Wireless Flash Drive

USB Flash Drive
USB Flash Drive  
Dear Big Wes

Similar to USB Flash Drive, Is it possible to manufacture Wireless flash drive ?.

The Operating System (Windows, Mac, Linux etc) and the motherboard hardware should support and detect the Wireless Flash Drive in the machine (Desktop, Server, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet).

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I don't see why not.

The advantage of the USB design is that the software recognizes whether you have plugged in a flash drive, an MP3 player, a camera, a printer, a keyboard, or whatever type of device you have.

You would still need to plug SOMETHING into the computer, like when you use a wireless mouse the mouse still needs something to "talk" to.  At least for now.  Maybe when you invent it, we can sit at any computer with a motherboard installed, and carry our hard drives with us.

Good Luck.  I hope this answers your question.  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Big Wes

I can help diagnose most PC hardware issues. I have built the last eight computers that my family has used, and I am always going for having the biggest, fastest, coolest computer "on the block". I research EVERYTHING before I try it, and usually can find a compromise between price and performance. If you are building your own box, updating it, or fixing it, I can help. I draw the line at networking and software issues.

Spent over twenty years in the military, seventeen of them as a computer operator with a background in building and maintaining an entire military base's stock of PC (DOS/Windows) hardware, including all peripherals. After retiring from the military I went to work for a major university that had a contract for computer maintainence with a government agency. I am a retired/disabled veteran and no longer able to work outside the home.

Not much more than a few published "Letters to the Editor" of different magazines. I've also authored a novel titled, "A Bad Feeling" that you can get on the Amazon Kindle.

Associate's in Information Systems, Bachelor's in Computer Science (BCompSc). Unrelated to computer science, I also hold a a BA in History and a Master's in Political Science. What can I say? I was single throughout most of my military career and enjoyed taking courses for the low cost while serving on Active Duty.

US Air Force, US Department of Agriculture