Components for Building Computers From Scratch/LCD /LED TV with Integrated DVD / VCD / CD Player Product.

DVD Player
DVD Player  
Dear Bobbert‎‎

Is it possible to design and manufacture a LCD / LED Television set combined with the functionality of a DVD / VCD / CD Player ?.

The DVD / VCD / CD Player component has to be embedded within the Television electronics.

This will eliminate a separate product purchase for a DVD / VCD / CD Player interfaced with the LCD / LED TV ?.

The Remote Control for television set will have additional user interface buttons for remotely managing DVD / VCD / CD functionality viz Play, Stop, Forward, Rewind, Eject etc.

There can be Dual OR Single DVD / VCD / CD Drives embedded within the LCD/LED television set.

Can there be complexity in building this integrated product ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Such products do exist, and can be purchased fairly easily:

They're often regarded poorly compared to "separate" systems, as the audio capabilities built-in to the television are generally of low quality, and they offer limited expansion options compared to more conventional televisions and DVD players.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience