Components for Building Computers From Scratch/LCD /LED TV with Integrated DVD / VCD / CD Player Product.

Question
LCD - LED TV
LCD - LED TV  

DVD Player
DVD Player  
Dear Big Wes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCD_television‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_display
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_player‎

Is it possible to design and manufacture a LCD / LED Television set combined with the functionality of a DVD / VCD / CD Player ?.

The DVD / VCD / CD Player component has to be embedded within the Television electronics.

This will eliminate a separate product purchase for a DVD / VCD / CD Player interfaced with the LCD / LED TV ?.

The Remote Control for television set will have additional user interface buttons for remotely managing DVD / VCD / CD functionality viz Play, Stop, Forward, Rewind, Eject etc.

There can be Dual OR Single DVD / VCD / CD Drives embedded within the LCD/LED television set.

Can there be complexity in building this integrated product ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant,

To answer your question about complexity; no, it wouldn't be hard at all.  Simply connecting the video and audio outputs from the DVD/VCR/CD/VCD drive to the inputs of the television would be a matter of a few solder joints, as well as taking the two remotes and combining into one.

The real answer is that it has been done commercially for several years now.  RCA, SAMSUNG, SONY, and a host of other manufacturers have made these combinations and more for some time.  If you go to Google and search for TV DVD combo, you'll find an enormous amount of links.

Some years back, when my son was little and we were traveling, I had a portable DVD player with a small screen television that hung over the back of the seat in my vehicle so he could watch DVDs.

Good Luck with your project!

Big Wes

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Big Wes