Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Cell Phone Voice Recorder

Question
QUESTION: Dear Keith

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cell-phone-voice-recorder‎

Requirement
-----------

All incoming calls and outgoing calls are to be recorded made to
a cellphone device consumer from land line (wired) and cellphones, smartphones (wireless) devices.

i.e. The consumer can later on play all the calls received and send with the called date and time i.e. audio files.

The above devices mentioned in the link interfaced with the Cell Phone / smartphone device can solve the consumer business needs ?.

Software applications for voice recording on cellphones, smartphones can also address these business needs ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I would consult the government law entity in your country and see what the laws are on recording phone conversations. In some cases it is against the law. For that reason I do not feel comfortable advising you on this issue. Sorry.

QUESTION: Dear Keith

Thank you.

I Feel this is a critical Business application for all wireless phone devices.

As a example, Businessman interacts with so many people via voice calls
apart from personal calls viz Existing clients, Prospective clients, vendors, suppliers, employees, partners etc. The calls made from his side and the calls which he receives are to be logged in call recording hardware device which is externally interfaced with the wireless phone device.

OR

Call recording software applications built for the wireless phone devices which will record and playback those calls later.

In Fact, i feel this feature is useful for all the consumers who have purchased the wireless phone device.

In terms of second solution, the wireless call recording device (another gadget) will register the consumer wireless cellphone number will work on bluetooth technology, but the consumer has to carry every time along with his cellphone device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I'm not sure you understood my reply. Due to laws on recording phone conversations, I do not feel comfortable advising anyone about it. I do not want to get put in jail!!

QUESTION: Dear Keith

Thank you.

I do not feel there will be any legal implications for building this software applications. But i will still forward my questions to mobile service providers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_network_operators_of_India

Solutions
----------

1.

Consumers get cellular service from any one of those service providers
on their wireless handsets.

The Mobile service providers will built this service from software
development vendors i.e. The consumer will access the Secured Web application where all the calls are recorded and played as per the date and time. The data for each consumer will be kept strictly confidential as the application data will be secured, and in encrypted form (SSL).
The consumer has to pay to the Mobile Service providers for accessing and consuming this service.

2.

Mobile Application built on the wireless cell phone / smartphone device by the Software Development vendors via Mobile service providers. The consumer has to approach the Mobile service providers for building the mobile application on their wireless device. The mobile application will log all calls (incoming and outgoing) i.e. physically the audio/sound files will be created and stored on the cell phone memory.

The Software Development vendor will charge the Mobile service provider for building this Software applications in both of the above solutions offered.

Note
-----

1. For both the solutions, the consumer approaching the Software development vendor directly for building this application on his/her wireless device without approaching the Mobile service providers has to be studied.

After getting feedback from Cellular service providers, the picture will become more clearer.

2. There could be technological challenges for building this web, mobile applications.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
I guess I should ask this question. What is the main reason for recording phone conversations? Will there be some kind of privacy statement that the end user will have to agree to? You have to understand I work in the healthcare Security/IT environment. It is my job to make sure everything is right by healthcare laws, health information privacy acts, and company policies.  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis