Components for Building Computers From Scratch/next gen pc

Question
Hello! i have 2 questions:

1) i have a custom build pc connected to lcd via dvi cable and the GPU comes with a dvi to hdmi extension. suppose if i use the extension will there be any significant improvement to the graphics?

2) my pc specs are as follow:
Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz
Corsair H80i CPU Liquid Cooler
ASRock Z77 Performance Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 2133 Memory
Palit GT660Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCIE VGA Card
WD Caviar Blue 1TB Hard Disk
LiteOn 24X DVD Writer
Corsair C70 (White/Black/Military) Gaming Case
Corsair GS800v2 Power Supply

how are these components fair with those next gen consoles ps4 and xbox one? will my rig be able to play future games smoothly?
if there are components that you think i should upgrade do tell

thank you and looking forward for your reply

Answer
1. This answers the question better than I can: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32524/whats-the-difference-between-hdmi-and-dvi-w

2. I'm not sure how pc game technology is going to go in the coming years. However, if you look how it went in the last 10 years, I believe you will find your PC, even though good now, will lag behind in the coming years. This is only a guess.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis