Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Connecting Smartphone Device to Fax machine.

Dear Bob

Can we use Wireless Technology viz Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for connecting Smartphone Device to Fax machine ?.

Smartphone Device will detect the Fax machine via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Both devices will be Bluetooth or Wi-Fi enabled.

Smartphone Device application will allow importing of Contacts from Fax machine while Fax machine button function to import contacts from Smartphone Device.

Smartphone device can transfer data to Fax machine memory and Fax machine can transfer data to Smartphone device memory.

Smartphone device fax software application will allow to send fax from the Fax machine device directing the print output to Fax machine device from the fax software.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

In theory yes this can work, but in practice I'm not aware of devices that would work exactly as you've described. There are many copiers/AIO devices that do offer Bluetooth communication or AirPrint functionality and will integrate with various smartphone/tablet devices for printing and whatnot. The limitation would be on the client software for the copier/AIO/fax machine in terms of what kind of data could be pulled onto the smartphone/tablet/etc device, not in any hardware device.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience