Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Connecting Smartphone Device to Fax machine.

Question
Dear Bob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax

Can we use Wireless Technology viz Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for connecting Smartphone Device to Fax machine ?.

Smartphone Device will detect the Fax machine via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Both devices will be Bluetooth or Wi-Fi enabled.

Smartphone Device application will allow importing of Contacts from Fax machine while Fax machine button function to import contacts from Smartphone Device.

Smartphone device can transfer data to Fax machine memory and Fax machine can transfer data to Smartphone device memory.

Smartphone device fax software application will allow to send fax from the Fax machine device directing the print output to Fax machine device from the fax software.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
In theory yes this can work, but in practice I'm not aware of devices that would work exactly as you've described. There are many copiers/AIO devices that do offer Bluetooth communication or AirPrint functionality and will integrate with various smartphone/tablet devices for printing and whatnot. The limitation would be on the client software for the copier/AIO/fax machine in terms of what kind of data could be pulled onto the smartphone/tablet/etc device, not in any hardware device.

-bob

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert