Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Graphics card compatibility.

Question
Is the GeForce GTX 970 graphics card compatible with the ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 motherboard? The processor I'm planning to use is the i7-4790k. Thank you.

-Isaac

Answer
Yes, it very well should be - the board you've mentioned features PCI Express x16 slots, and the GTX 970 is a PCI Express x16 card. Do keep in mind power supply compatibility as well - you will want something very competent to handle a high performance machine such as this. I would suggest Corsair, FirePower (formerly PC Power & Cooling), Antec, Enermax, or Seasonic as they all make excellent power supplies. Capacity will depend on how many additional devices you are installing, but generally 600-800W would be a good starting point for a high performance machine.

-bob

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert