Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Smartphones With Video/audio Conferencing Feature.

Dear Bobbert

Do Smartphones have the features of a Speakerphone which allow video / audio conferencing ?.

As a example instead of using a Speakerphone, a Company wants to interview candidate/s using a Smartphone device and do video / audio conferencing call with the potential candidate.

Is this possible with a Smartphone Device ?.

Thanks & Regards.
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, there are a number of smartphones that can do this - a popular example is the iPhone's "Facetime" feature. has a guide that explores the feature:

Many smartphones include speakerphone capabilities, but may not support full video-calling - in some cases simply due to the orientation of their cameras (the camera faces "away" from the screen, so you couldn't video yourself while viewing the caller on the screen), and in some cases due to a lack of software support.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience