Components for Building Computers From Scratch/PCi help

Question
If you have 4 pci 32 bit slots I know the bandwidth is 1133MBps but am I right all 4 pci slot Share the 1133MBps Bandwidth?

Answer
PCI does not have 1133 MB/s bandwidth; depending on revision it can offer between 133MB/s (most common) and 533MB/s (64-bit PCI-X; which is rare outside of servers and workstations). PCI is a bus system, so all of the slots on a single bus share the same bandwidth - installing four devices into a PCI motherboard may result in performance problems for those devices, as they are sharing the same bandwidth on the bus.

-bob

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert