Components for Building Computers From Scratch/PCi help

If you have 4 pci 32 bit slots I know the bandwidth is 1133MBps but am I right all 4 pci slot Share the 1133MBps Bandwidth?

PCI does not have 1133 MB/s bandwidth; depending on revision it can offer between 133MB/s (most common) and 533MB/s (64-bit PCI-X; which is rare outside of servers and workstations). PCI is a bus system, so all of the slots on a single bus share the same bandwidth - installing four devices into a PCI motherboard may result in performance problems for those devices, as they are sharing the same bandwidth on the bus.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience