Components for Building Computers From Scratch/motherboard

I have noticed that on some motherboards, the cmos battery is positioned right next to or not too far away from the PCIEx1 slot. I would like to know whether this could make the installation of a PCIx1 card difficult or even impossible?

I have never, in 100s of builds, had a problem seating a video card in a slot. Not to say I have seen every motherboard. I'm sure there are designs I have not used for a build. If you could give me brand and model number I would be glad to take a look.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis

I can answer most any question in this category for the home desktop builder and for most gaming PC builders. This includes what kind of case, cooling products, overclocking, all hardware, software, and safety issues. I can also advise on where the best sources for purchasing hardware are on the net.

100's of system builds from Win 2k through Win7 for customers as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction. Most experienced with XP and Vista.

4 classes short of my Networking degree.