Components for Building Computers From Scratch/PC Infor

I have CPU Z Free and it works good but is there another Free program that can give a more indepth Infor about the PC?

Yes, depending on what you want or need to find out about. For reading information about your graphics card there is the similar GPU-Z (, for more broad information about the system (including some benchmarking features) there is the larger PC Wizard application: (the large green banner at the top of the page is an advertisement; the correct download link is on the right-hand side).

Alternately, if you can't install or run applications from within the operating system, there are bootable system information applications available as part of the Ultimate Boot CD: (most of them are listed on the page under "/System").

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience