Components for Building Computers From Scratch/7 Segment Led Display Multilingual Products.

Dear Keith

Is it possible to display content in different languages viz german, french, japanese, french, spanish, dutch, chinese etc using 7 segment led display other than english content in
products ?.

Products Examples : Weighing machine, Treadmill Machine, Steppers, Electronic meters etc

Will there be limitations in having a 7 segment led display for producing these products having 7 segment led display other than english content ?.

For example : Enter weight in Kg - This is english content
display in treadmill displayed in 7 segment LED Display.

Now can we have Treadmill products sold in different countries where the native language is spoken, for example In Japan Japanese, In China - Chinese etc having the equivalent of Enter weight in Kg in other languages viz Japanese, German, French, Italian etc displayed in 7 segment LED Display.

i.e. 7 segment Led display should be able to display multilingual characters other than english content.

Can there be limitations to 7 segment led display in displaying
different languages characters ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

In short, yes. There will be several things that need to be thought out.
1. What kind of computer will be running these displays?
2. Video performance of the computer will have to be very good.
3. Minimum requirements on the Video card, processor type and speed, etc.
4. Will remote access be required.  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Keith Davis

I can answer most any question in this category for the home desktop builder and for most gaming PC builders. This includes what kind of case, cooling products, overclocking, all hardware, software, and safety issues. I can also advise on where the best sources for purchasing hardware are on the net.

100's of system builds from Win 2k through Win7 for customers as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction. Most experienced with XP and Vista.

4 classes short of my Networking degree.