Components for Building Computers From Scratch/ide and floppy

Am I right iDE transfers Data at 16 bps and Floppy Transfers Data at 500 kbps?

What do you mean by "IDE"? (There is, formally, no interface known as IDE however there are a variety of interfaces informally called IDE; none are anywhere near as slow as 16 bps though).

Regarding floppy diskettes - which kind of diskette are you referring to? A "standard" 3.25" diskette has a peak theoretical throughput of around 1Mbit/s, but real-world will be lower based on a variety of factors (density, overhead) and you may see something closer to 100-500Kbit/s.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience