Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Thunderbird

I have win7 and Thunderbird 17.0.6 to get my Mial.
And I have comcast for internet.

I open Thunderbird go to Tools and Account Settings.
I set everything up but I came across no screen that asks me for my Comcast e mail password.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thunderbird 17.0.6 is relatively dated - the current version is 31.4 (this isn't as dramatic as the numbers might indicate; there's only about two years between them). I'm not sure if 17.0.6 will be as fully supported as a result, it would likely be worthwhile to upgrade.

As far as configuration, see here:

Alternately, if that fails, manual configuration is available:

You should be able to enter your password along with your login ID in the same window. This login information is likely different than any login information you need to configure your Internet connection - that is, if your router requires a login and password to connect, it is not likely to be identical to your email account.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience