Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Thunderbird

Question
I have win7 and Thunderbird 17.0.6 to get my Mial.
And I have comcast for internet.

I open Thunderbird go to Tools and Account Settings.
I set everything up but I came across no screen that asks me for my Comcast e mail password.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Answer
Thunderbird 17.0.6 is relatively dated - the current version is 31.4 (this isn't as dramatic as the numbers might indicate; there's only about two years between them). I'm not sure if 17.0.6 will be as fully supported as a result, it would likely be worthwhile to upgrade.

As far as configuration, see here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-account-configuration

Alternately, if that fails, manual configuration is available:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manual-account-configuration

You should be able to enter your password along with your login ID in the same window. This login information is likely different than any login information you need to configure your Internet connection - that is, if your router requires a login and password to connect, it is not likely to be identical to your email account.

-bob  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert