Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Hibernate

I have Win7 and I know Hibernate is not an option on the Shutdown list.

But I know you can go into Power Options and then Advanced and turn Off Hybride Hibernate.

and type
powercfg /hibernat on

it should ad it to the start Shutdown list and it does not.

I did this last time so I know it works can you help?

I'm unsure specifically what you're after - namely:

- Windows 7 does not feature "DOS." It does have its own CLI, Command Prompt, which is a separate entity (although has many common commands with the DOS shell, COMMAND.COM). It is not required for the settings you'd like to change here though.

- Windows 7 does support Hibernation, through Hybrid Sleep, which both keeps the working set in memory, as well as in hiberfil.sys to safeguard against power failure. Generally this setting is sufficient for normal usage scenarios, as it balances power savings and responsiveness.

- Setting whether Windows displays "Hibernate," "Sleep," and other options can be edited through Group Policy settings. The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) will only be available on Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise however. Third-party registry plug-ins with these settings already built do exist, as well as pictorial guides for using LGPE for making changes yourself, see here:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience