Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Touch Screen Integrated Wireless Keyboard and Trackball Mouse.

Question
Dear Bob

Is it possible to design and construct a Touch Screen Integrated Wireless Keyboard and Trackball Mouse for Desktops, Servers, Workstations Computers which run on Windows, Linux etc OS ?.

The Keyboard and Mouse GUI interface will be similar to a Smartphone / Cellphone or TV Remote control portable Device.

If No, what are the Limitations for the Design and Construction ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "touch screen integrated wireless keyboard and trackball mouse" - there are desktop computers that have touch screens, usually they are All-In-One designs, but stand-alone touch screen monitors exist as well (ELO Systems has made such monitors for many years, but in recent memory there are touch monitors available from Samsung, Dell, HP, etc). Trackballs, trackpads, etc have also been around for a while, including built-in to some keyboards (those are usually found on kiosks or vending machines, but IBM also sold a line of laptops and desktops with this feature - you can probably still find some of the stand-alone keyboards second hand). Finally, there are keyboards with "screens" built into them, like the Logitech G-series and the Optimus Maximus keyboard, which extend the GUI capabilities of the host system.

If none of these relate to your specific question, please clarify what exactly you're after.

-bob  

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert