Components for Building Computers From Scratch/using win 2k pci card on win 7

Is there a way to use win 2k pci card on win 7?

I would need to know more about the card in order to answer - many peripherals that work in Windows 2000 or Windows XP will still work in Windows Vista and Windows 7, however some will not. It all depends on driver availability. You can try checking the device against the Microsoft Windows Compatibility Center (here:, and/or provide me with more information about the device and I can look for information about it.

Something else to consider - many newer computers do not have PCI slots, so if your computer is in that category, the card will not be compatible with the hardware, even if it were supported under Windows 7.

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience