Components for Building Computers From Scratch/Bluetooth

Question
Hey, I just bought these bluetooth headphones to go with all my devices mainly my pc. It worked on everything but my computer. I didn't initially have the drivers for bluetooth on my computer so I downloaded them from Intel. After that, bluetooth would not show up in device manager. Its in my programs but nowhere else on the desktop. How do I get around this? I'm running win 10 on my gateway if that helps.

Answer
This may seem like a simple question, but does your PC actually have a Bluetooth adapter? This isn't a standard feature for many PCs (especially desktops), and if there is no Bluetooth device in Device Manager your system may not actually support this feature in hardware (if this is the case, fortunately they're pretty cheap adapters to add). If you do have a Bluetooth adapter, do you know more information about it? Does it support Bluetooth audio streaming? What audio devices does the system show as available?

Alternatively, do these headphones offer a secondary connection (e.g. analog input) that you could use with the PC?

-bob

Components for Building Computers From Scratch

Bobbert