Hi Greg,

After genetically modified and other conventionally grown plants have been fully composted, will the resulting material be suitable for organic and/or bio-dynamic gardening; or will it still be tainted by the GMOs and pestisides, etc.?

Thank you very much for your help.  

Gary Skinner

Hello Gary

It doesn't matter if the plant is a Heirloom Tomato, or a Burpee Hybrid, it will, in the end, Decompose to the same form.

As far as Pesticides go, <most> Pesticides will break down to a harmless form over time, there are a few exceptions, such as DDT, which has been banned for Decades, that are Harmful. The more common 2-4-D which is the active Formula for Weed-B-Gone will break down, and become harmless.

Sorry for the quick answer here, but if you would like a more specific question answered, please follow up, and I would be happy to help.

The Best of Luck

As a Master Gardener: taken classes in All Phases of Gardening...I Specialize in Lawns... Pererennials... Compost... Organic Gardening.