Composting/Composting

Question
Hi Greg,

After genetically modified and other conventionally grown plants have been fully composted, will the resulting material be suitable for organic and/or bio-dynamic gardening; or will it still be tainted by the GMOs and pestisides, etc.?

Thank you very much for your help.  

Sincerely,
Gary Skinner

Answer
Hello Gary

It doesn't matter if the plant is a Heirloom Tomato, or a Burpee Hybrid, it will, in the end, Decompose to the same form.

As far as Pesticides go, <most> Pesticides will break down to a harmless form over time, there are a few exceptions, such as DDT, which has been banned for Decades, that are Harmful. The more common 2-4-D which is the active Formula for Weed-B-Gone will break down, and become harmless.

Sorry for the quick answer here, but if you would like a more specific question answered, please follow up, and I would be happy to help.

The Best of Luck

Greg

Composting

Greg