Computational Biology / Bioinformatics/cancer databases

hi dear Sridhar
i'm student in tehran university (in iran / ms course) and i'm working on cancer prediction using machine learning and data mining approach ...
so i need to a complete gene database for my work
can u introduce me a perfect one ?

Hi Behzad,

I apologize for the delay, I was on travel to a conference.

I can suggest a couple of options rather than the perfect single one.

The first thing that comes to my mind is searching and retrieving data from the GEO and SRA databases, which are one of the most comprehensive gene expression database. Many of the tumor specific databases actually contain links to these databases.

Other than that I would suggest to see the 'Cancer Genome Anatomy Project' of the National Cancer Institute, which has a comphrehensive information on human transcriptome and expression data. It has several data related to tumors.  For example you can retrieve expression data from normal vs tumor types (
Also the NCI's Cancer Genome Atlas provides another portal for bulk download of gene expression data.

I would also see the data at Jackson's laboratory's Mouse Tumor Biology Database (

There is cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics

All the above have bulk download options.

Hope it helps,

Computational Biology / Bioinformatics

Sridhar Acharya Malkaram

Sequence and Structural Analysis, Next generation sequencing, Illumina, SOLiD, CHiP-sequencing, RNA sequencing, miRNA sequencing analysis, Molecular Dynamics, Protein and Nucleic acid simulations, computational methods, Bioinformatics tools, Biological Databases, Search techniques, Protein comparative modelling, Mutation analysis

about fifteen (15) years

Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Master of Science in Biotechnology Ph.D in computational Biology